Kids Activities Blog has its roots in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex which makes us uniquely qualified to find things to do with kids in Dallas. Since we know how hot it can get around here, these indoor activities are likely to be a hit at your house as well.
With less than 2 weeks left until school starts for most of us here in North Texas, the kids (and you) may be going a little stir crazy! And with the temperatures being so high, there is no motivation to get outdoors either. Well, here are 10 Fun Ideas to Beat the Heat in Dallas/Fort Worth to keep you going.
10 Things to Do Indoors with Kids in Dallas-Fort Worth
1. The Noble Planetarium at the Fort Worth Museum of Science & History has a variety of shows for all ages to learn about our solar system. Additionally, see their fun Laser Shows (we like the Elvis one!) too!
2. The Theater at the Perot Museum has some of the best shows in town and affordable too! Make sure you catch Wildest Weather in the Solar System and Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D before they end their stay at the museum this month.
3. What better way to cool off than to visit with a bunch of underwater creatures? And the DFW area has some amazing Aquariums to visit. We love walking around the Rainforest at the Dallas World Aquarium or checking out the 360 degree Underwater Tunnel at the SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium.
4. Plan to check out the Late Night at the Dallas Museum of Art on Friday, August 16. There are a ton of fun family activities from Twitter Treasure Hunts to Yoga for Kids to Bedtime Stories. All indoors in the cool temperatures. But shhhhh, don’t tell the kids they might actually learn something fun!
5. Take the family bowling and the kids just might bowl for free. Check out what bowling allies are participating in the Kids Bowl Free here.
6. No better way to cool off than to get on the ice. Try Ice Skating at the Galleria for the afternoon. While you are there, check out the Dallas cityscape in toy blocks.
7. Have you checked out the NASA Blast at the Grapevine Convention Center yet? Over 100 pieces on loan from the Kennedy Space Center will be on display for free until August 25.
8. The Sci-Tech Discovery Center in Frisco has a fun traveling exhibit, Super Kids Save the World – empowering kids to reduce, reuse and recycle.
9. Even though we have been several times, my children always love to see the miniature train display at the Children’s Medical Center of Dallas.
10. Take your sports fan to tour the Dallas Cowboys Stadium. It’s a fun tour that our whole family got a kick out of (even the non-sports moms).
So plan a few outings, pack the car and get going!! You only have a few more weeks of fun left this summer!