When many people think of Texas, the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth instantly come to mind! But I’d like you to consider the often overlooked jewel of a city that lies just between them – Arlington, Texas. It has all of the fun of its better known counterparts, as well as a few surprises that are unique to just it! And best of all – it has lot’s of family friendly offerings for kids!
Check them out…
Photo Credit: Experience Arlington
10 Things to Do with Kids in Arlington, TX
1. Visit Six Flags over Texas at Arlington – Test your nerves on the Texas SkyScreamer or the SUPERMAN: Tower of Power! If you have tiny kids in tow bring them to th esection of the park devoted just to kiddie rides and characters!
2. Stop by Ripley’s Believe It or Not! – Explore 11 galleries and over 10,000 square feet of strange and unique exhibits, interactive displays, illusions and much, much more!
3. Go see a game at Rangers Stadium and play in the Kid Zone – Let the kids enjoy a break from the baseball game in Kid Zone. An air-conditioned two-level play space, with climbing walls, a ball pit and a 25-foot slide shaped like a baseball bat that kids can swoosh down.
4. Do some star gazing at the University of Texas at Arlington Planetarium – Find out what planets and constellations are visible in the Texas night sky! And for the preschool set, watch One World, One Sky: Big Bird’s Adventure, a beautiful planetarium show for tiny newbie star gazers!
5. Strap on a pair of ice Skates at The Ice at the Parks Mall – Enjoy private ice skating lessons or a public skate in full size regulation NHL size hockey rink. Located in a climate controlled shopping and entertainment Center, department stores and movie theatres are at the ready when you need to take a break from perfecting your triple lutz!
6. Take a tour of Cowboys stadium – Take an afternoon to throw the ball on the field or admire the works of art displayed throughout the stadium. Even members of the family that arent football buffs are bound to be impressed with all the behind the scenes magic that goes on at Cowboys Stadium, and the all acesss views that the Tour allows you.
7. Bowl a perfect game at Alley Cats – Bowl with your family while a light show set to music plays in the background, Play laser tag or have family fun in the arcade!
8. Take in a concert at Levitt Pavillion – The Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts in Arlington presents 50 free outdoor concerts a year with a broad-based concert calendar of professional musical artists, from world music to jazz and country to children's artists! Grab a folding chair and bring a picnic for the family!
9. Make a splash at Hurricane Harbor – Hurricane Harbor has ocean-sized thrills, including the dark twisted black hole slide. And for those that like to keep things calmer there is a childrens only ship play area full of fountains and fun!
10. Explore River Legacy Living Science Center – Visit the River Legacy Nature Center for rngaging kids nature classes. Or enjoy exploring eight miles of paved hiking and biking trails, playgrounds, canoe launch, and picnic areas as a family!
Arlington Texas has all the amenities of a big city, but with a charming small town feel! Your visit can be as varied as enjoying simple pleasures like the exploration of nature in Arlington’s beautiful backwoods, a sports lovers fantasy come true, or a fun look into the Arlington theater and art scene.
One thing the kids will not be in Arlington, TX?