Have you been to Klyde Warren Park yet? It just opened last fall and it is definitely our new favorite park. There is something for everyone!
Klyde Warren Park is a 5.2 acre “deck park” green space that has been amazingly built over the recessed part of Woodall Rogers Freeway between Pearl and St. Paul streets in the heart of Dallas. It is truly an engineering feat of wonder. And the resulting park is just as wonderful.
She Is Dallas Info: Klyde Warren Park is located at 2012 Woodall Rodgers Freeway, Dallas, TX 75201. The park is free and open daily from 6:00 am – 11:00 pm. For more information, please visit the Klyde Warren Park website. You can also follow Klyde Warren Park on Facebook.
Top 10 things to do at Klyde Warren Park:
1. Sit and Visit – There are lots of tables and chairs throughout the park to chat with friends and co-workers or just spend some quiet time with yourself.
2. Read – Bring a book to read. Forgot it at home? Don’t worry! There are several racks like this one that contain the latest magazines and best sellers for you to borrow while you are at the park.
3. Listen to Great Music – The Bridge the Gap Chamber Players perform beautiful classical music every other Saturday afternoon.
4. Play a Game – There is a game cart available with a great selection of games for children and adults. Just give your drivers license to the attendant to hold while you check out the game of your choice.
5. Get a Workout – Attend the free SWEAT Boot Camp at the park on Saturday mornings from 9:00 – 10:00. You will need to bring a set of medium-weight dumbbells* (5-10 lbs. for women, 10-15 lbs. for men), a small towel, water, dumbbells are optional, but highly recommended.
6. Take a Yoga Class – Relax with a free yoga class hosted by Dallas Yoga Center on Saturday mornings from 10:00 – 11:00.
7. Play – Kids love Klyde Warren Park. There is a cool tree house built around a real tree, a splash river, a cool spinning ride, and a giant spider web climbing thingy. My kids stayed here for 2 hours! We didn’t know to bring a swim suit…but that didn’t slow them down!
8. Skyline 360 Tour – Join the Dallas Center for Architecture for a standing tour of the Dallas skyline. Klyde Warren Park offers the perfect vantage point to see the buildings that have made up Dallas ™ architectural heritage for the last 100 years. In 20 minutes, you ™ll learn all about the buildings that define our skyline in Uptown and Downtown Dallas.
9. Eat – Gourmet food trucks at Klyde Warren Park are just amazing! They aren’t your typical burger and hot dog kind of fare. Some of the incredible choices include:
Food trucks are available from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm but check the Klyde Warren food truck schedule to see exactly when your favorite truck will be there.
10. Surf the Web – Yes, you read that correctly! There is even free Wi-Fi at the park!! Bring your tablet or laptop out to the park and connect to KlydeWarrenPark-WiFiAA.
Klyde Warren Park has so much to offer for everyone in the family. It is the perfect place to go to relax and have fun for a few hours.
For more family friendly places to visit in Dallas, She Is Dallas recommends the following: