It’s important to have family fun.
Sometimes we get so bogged down in life we forget how important it is to let loose and have a little fun. You want your kids to have memories from their childhood of silliness and creativity
Our Best Blog feature from this morning, Creative Family Fun
, has great tips for family fun. Make sure hop over and read her interview!
10 Tips for Family Fun
1. Gratitude at the table
– Take turns each night saying a blessing from the blessing jar. Then, go around the table and talk about the highs and lows of your day.
2. Forest treasure jars
– Get out into nature and create nature jars by filling old glass vases with the treasures you find lying around outside.
3. Paper airplane races
– Hand out paper and let everyone construct their very own paper airplane, then race them!
4. Pretend police station
– Let the little ones play detective by creating police badges and case files and help them solve the crime.
5. Family olympics
– Have a little friendly competition outside with events like disc toss or foot races. Draw flags to represent yourselves rather than countries, and give out medals!
6. Counting walk
– Go on a family walk around your neighborhood asking questions about numbers. How many mailboxes do you see? How many flagpoles?
7. Straw painted dandelions
– Paint spring dandelions but cutting the tips of drinking straws and dipping them in paint.
8. Explore the world
– Here is a list of 10 ways to learn about the world around you like reading a special book or listening to music.
9. Jack be nimble
– Make a craft activity from the classic children’s nursery rhyme with a toilet paper roll and construction paper.
10. Collage owls
– Use up your old magazines to make fun owl collage craft.
Thank you to Terri at Creative Family Fun for your family fun tips.