Don’t miss your opportunity to attend a free Go Red for Women event during the month of September at a Texas Health hospital near you!
Each is part of the Advances in Medicine lecture series that features leading specialists discussing the latest medical and health care innovations — all designed to inform women about the risks of heart disease and associated issues.
She Is Dallas Info: These FREE lectures are at various Texas Health Hospitals in the DFW area. Take a look at the list below and find the one closest to you. Reservations are required and seating is limited, so reserve your spot today by calling 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355) or visiting the links listed below. Be sure to follow Texas Health Resources on Facebook and Texas Health on Twitter for up to date information and health resources.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
- Texas Health Fort Worth – 12:00 – 1:00 pm, Heart Center, Ground Floor – Classrooms N & S, 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth. The speakers will be John Willard, MD and Amber Massey, RD, LD, Registered Dietitian, Free lunch provided.
- Texas Health Plano – 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Bluebonnet Room, Texas Health Plano, 6200 W. Parker Road in Plano.Bluebonnet classroom is located in Medical Office Building II. When you arrive at the hospital, park on the west side of the hospital (closest to Midway Road). Enter Medical Office Building II through the sliding glass doors. Take the lobby elevators to the first floor. When you exit the elevators you will see the classroom directly across from the elevators.The speaker will be Shailja Parikh, M. D., Free dinner provided.
- Texas Health Dallas – 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Beasley Conference Center, Texas Health Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Lane in Dallas. The speaker will be Teresa Menendez Hood, M. D., Free dinner provided.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
- Texas Health Kaufman – 12:00 – 1:00 pm, Community Room, Texas Health Kaufman, 850 Highway 243 West in Kaufman. Park in the main lot and come in through the main entrance and the room will be located on the left. The speaker will be James B. Park, M. D., Free lunch provided.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
- Texas Health Burleson – 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Burleson Community Room, Texas Health Burleson, 2750 SW Wilshire Boulevard in Burleson. The speaker will be Bradford Commons, M.D., Free dinner provided.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
- Texas Health Allen – 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Conference Center in Medical Office Bldg 1, Texas Health Allen, 1105 Central Expressway North in Allen. The speaker will be Clyde Sullivan, M. D., Free dinner provided.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women in the U.S., which is why Texas Health Resources has teamed with the American Heart Association on the Go Red For Women ® initiative to fight heart disease. Join Texas Health Plano for the free lecture listed above and learn how to manage your risk for heart and vascular disease ” and live a heart-healthy life.
For more information about heart disease, please visit