The Foot Book is a classic children’s book by the fabulous Dr Seuss. Today we are making a kids craft inspired by The Foot Book that is a fun Dr Seuss craft for kids of all ages.
This Dr Seuss craft is great as part of a reading lesson, book activity extension or in honor of Dr Seuss birthday now called Dr Seuss Day on March 2nd!
This article contains affiliate links.
The Foot Book by Dr Seuss
Dr. Seuss is one of our favorite authors because of the simple words and silly pictures that you find in his books. The Foot Book is a simple book that teaches so many great words to little ones. My toddler loves to count the feet that she sees in the story and my preschooler loves to identify the rhyming words that he finds. Older kids will enjoy the wacky opposites that are included in Dr Seuss’ story.
The Foot Book Craft for Kids
Since The Foot Book is all about feet, we decided to grab a pair of our favorite shoes to wear (flip flops- since we live in California), and we created our own flip flip puppets in honor of Dr Seuss.
Flip Flop Puppets are a simple and open-ended kids craft and can be used to create your own stories or re-enact some of your favorite silly phrases from The Foot Book.
For your Dr Seuss craft, you will need at least one flip flop which can be a worn out, grown out of shoe or try your local dollar store to pick up something inexpensive.
These flip flop puppets are pretty simple to make.
Supplies Needed for Flip Flop Craft
Directions to Make The Foot Book Craft
Set up a creation station with Elmer’s glue, flip flops, and any of your favorite embellishments and start creating!
Encourage the kids to make puppets with the shoes.
- We made sure we had plenty of googly eyes for our Flip Flop Monsters.
- We also practiced our scissors skills by snipping pieces of yarn.
- We used the snipped yarn and tied knots around the flip flops to make crazy puppet hair.
Put on a puppet show with your Foot Book puppets!
More Foot Book Activities for Kids
MORE DR SEUSS CRAFTS & IDEAS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
If you have a favorite book from the Dr. Seuss library that you want a simple craft or great way to try new things, here are some fun resources and Dr. Seuss activities you can try:
- You will love this simple truffula tree craft from the beloved book The Lorax to learn how to make a truffula tree!
- Check out all these fun Dr Seuss party ideas for a birthday party or classroom party.
- These Cat in the Hat crafts are so much fun!
- Make a craft for green eggs and ham!
- These Cat in the Hat coloring pages are so much fun!
- Make this preschool Lorax craft out of a box.
- Inspired by Put Me in the Zoo, this Dr Seuss snack idea is adorable!
- Or try these Dr Seuss rice crispy treats!
- These one fish two fish cupcakes are the cutest things ever.
What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Do you have any favorite Dr. Seuss inspired activities that you’ve done? How did you make your Foot Book craft?