This Counting Game is perfect for learning numbers. Getting children counting is an important first step to good math skills and counting games can make that more fun.
Kids Activities Blog is excited to welcome Krissy from B-Inspired Mama to be Quirky Momma for the day. She is sharing her counting game that will get kids learning numbers without even realizing it!
Making this counting game is simple. If you do not have all the supplies listed below, make modifications to create your custom board game for learning numbers.
Supplies for Counting Board Game:
- White and red card stock
- scissors or paper trimmer
- PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamps, Treeo (for the circle border)
- PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamps, Funky Numbers
- PSA Essentials 2-Color Ink Pads
- Sharpie Marker
- Elmer's Glue Stick
- small plastic toys for game pieces
Make a Counting Game
Steps to Make a Game:
- Lightly sketch a random path on the white card stock with a pencil.
- Stamp the number circles along the pencil path. Make sure to leave the first and last circles empty.
- Use a marker to write START in the first circle and FINISH in the last circle.
- Trim the red card stock to just a couple inches larger than the white card stock.
- Use the glue stick to adhere the white card stock game board to the red card stock base, leaving a border around the edges.
- Find some fun little toys for game pieces and a dice and PLAY!
Counting Game Play
To Play: Children take turns rolling the dice and moving their game piece toys to the corresponding numbers along the path on the game board. The child who makes it to the finish circle first WINS!
Krissy is a former art teacher turned full time mama of 3. You can find her blogging at B-Inspired Mama.
More Counting Games & Activities
Kids Activities Blog doesn’t think learning numbers should be work…counting games are fun! Here are a few of our favorite counting games and activities.