Ancient Greek mythology is a fascinating subject, especially when it comes to the ancient Greek gods and goddesses who ruled from Mount Olympus! Today we are learning 10 Hera facts, the queen of heaven!
So if your kiddos love to learn about ancient Greek mythology, you’ve come to the right place!
Download here: –> 10 Fun Facts about Hera
The ancient Greeks revered their deities, including the likes of Hera, her husband Zeus, goddess Athena, god Apollo, the son of Zeus, and others.
Hera is one of the original deities in ancient Greek religion, dating back to the earliest times. Let’s learn some fun facts about her!
Hera Facts FOR KIDS
- Hera is the wife of Zeus, making her the queen of the Greek gods and sharing the throne on Mount Olympus.
- She is primarily known as the goddess of marriage and childbirth in ancient Greek mythology.
- She was the mother of Ares, the god of war, and Eileithyia, the goddess of childbirth.
- Her sacred animal is the peacock, along with the cuckoo and the cow.
- Hera’s counterpart for Ancient Romans is the goddess Juno.
- She is depicted wearing a cylindrical crown and is sometimes represented as an old woman or matronly figure.
- Hera is also known for her association with the golden apple, which played an important role in the Trojan War.
- She is considered the patron goddess of the city of Argos.
- In Greek mythology, Hera’s breast milk created the Milky Way when it spilled across the night sky.
- The judgment of Paris, where Paris, a Trojan prince, chose Aphrodite as the most beautiful goddess over Hera, played a significant role in Greek mythology.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR Hera Facts COLORING SHEETS
Hera facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Hera facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Hera facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
- Hera, queen of gods was the eldest daughter of Cronus and Rhea. Hera’s parents are interesting too, as her father Cronus was a titan, and her mother Rhea a sister-wife of Zeus.
- Hera’s husband Zeus became the king of all Olympian gods.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Hera Facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Got a kiddo obsessed with Greek mythology? Try these fun Zeus facts!
- Have you ever wondered about Poseidon facts or who he really was?
- How much do you know about the goddess Athena?
- Apollo is so cool, that’s why we also have Apollo facts to print!
Which of these interesting facts about the ancient Greek goddess Hera, queen of the Olympian gods did you like best?