Feeling spooky?! Today we’re excited to share our printable Halloween Sudoku puzzles, perfect to welcome the Halloween season!
This easy sudoku is perfect for kids ages 5 to 12, but older kids and adults might enjoy solving it too. Grab your crayons and get started!
Picture Sudoku is a fun puzzle game that uses pictures instead of numbers. The goal is to fill in the puzzle grid with the right pictures so that each row, column, and small square contains one of each picture without repeating.
Did you know that sudoku games are a great way to help kids work on their problem solving and logic skills? There are many benefits to doing sudoku games, and the best part is that they are also super fun.
How to play Halloween sudoku:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Printed Halloween Sudoku
- Pencil and eraser (in case you make a mistake).
How to Play:
- Start with your Halloween Sudoku template.
- Your goal is to fill in the remaining empty spaces with the correct Halloween pictures following these rules:
- Each row must have one of each Halloween picture.
- Each column must have one of each Halloween picture.
- Each small square must have one of each Halloween picture.
- Begin by choosing a Halloween picture that’s missing in a row, column, or small square. Let’s say you need to place a pumpkin.
- Look for a spot in the puzzle where the pumpkin should go, making sure it doesn’t break the rules. For example, if there’s already a pumpkin in that row, you can’t place another one.
- Draw the pumpkin picture in the correct spot.
- Now, pick another Halloween picture that’s missing, like a bat. Find a place for the bat in the grid and draw it in.
- Continue placing Halloween pictures in the grid until you’ve filled all the empty spaces while following the rules of not repeating pictures in rows, columns, or smaller squares.
- Keep going until you’ve successfully filled in all the empty spaces, and each row, column, and small square has one of each Halloween picture.
- Congratulations! You’ve solved the Halloween Sudoku puzzle, creating a spooky Halloween picture pattern.
4×4 Halloween Sudoku
Our first printable Halloween sudoku puzzle consists of a 4×4 grid. It is simple enough for younger kids to solve on their own, and perfect for beginners who have never solved a sudoku puzzle before. The Halloween icons make it both fun and adorable!
9×9 Halloween Sudoku
Our second printable Halloween sudoku puzzle consists of a 9×9 grid, which is a more complex puzzle. It requires more strategic thinking and pattern recognition, making it ideal for older kids or adults with experience in sudoku puzzles.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR Halloween Sudoku COLORING SHEETS
Halloween Sudoku puzzles are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Halloween Sudoku template pdf — see button below to download & print.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Halloween Sudoku PDF FILE
MORE FUN Halloween printables FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Halloween Crossword Puzzles
- Halloween Math Worksheets
- Halloween Facts For Kids
- Happy Halloween Coloring Pages
- Halloween Doodle Coloring Pages
- How To Draw Easy Halloween Drawings
- You’ve Been Booed Printables
- Halloween Coloring Pages
Did you enjoy our printable Halloween sudoku puzzles?