The Amon Carter museum has a big anniversary coming up and they are having a big celebration in honor of it.
Art. Bands. Food. Fun.
Find it all at 50 Fest, a free celebration of 50 years at the Amon Carter.
Things to do at 50 Fest:
- Visit your favorite works of art.
- Create your own masterpieces.
- Boogie to live music by the Marshall Ford Swing Band and Del Castillo.
- Blow bubbles and hula hoop with your friends on the plaza.
- Cast your vote for the ultimate Amon Carter anniversary cake.
- Say cheese in a photo booth.
- Munch on hotdogs and ice cream.
- Become a part of museum history.
The extended gallery hours for 50 Fest (until 9 p.m.) will allow you plenty of time to visit all your favorite Amon Carter artworks.
She Is Dallas Info: 50 Fest at The Amon Carter Museum of American Art will take place on Saturday, August 13, 2011 from 5:30pm “9:00pm. The Amon Carter Museum of American Art is located at 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd. in Fort Worth.As always, admission is free. For information on parking for this event, please take a look at the Amon Carter Parking Map for 50 Fest. For more information about 50 Fest, please call the museum at 817-989-5030 or visit the Amon Carter website.
All ages welcome. No reservations required. Please leave your alcohol, coolers, and pets at home. See you there!
Mr. Amon Carter was born in 1879 and was an outstanding citizen in Fort Worth during his time. He played a major role in the city’s development. In 1945, he and his wife created a foundation to improve the quality of life for individuals in Tarrant County. Mr. Carter died in 1955 but his will provided for the founding of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art to be free and open to the public.