We hope you enjoy this Christmas cookie recipe! Star cookies are beautiful and delicious. Bake a batch with your kids and enjoy them as you browse Kids Activities Blog for wonderful Christmas activities for kids.
Christmas Cookie Recipe
Stars have always fascinated my children. Whenever we are out at night, they are keen to point out where the stars are.
In the Christmas story, there were magi or magicians who saw the brilliant star of Bethlehem. They were stunned by its brightness and beauty. Something magnificent must be happening. Their curiosity made them embark on a long journey. They followed the bright star until they reached Jerusalem. When they entered the house where they found baby Jesus, they were overjoyed.
When I invited Mr E (2yo) to bake some star Christmas cookies, it was met with a very excited, “Yay!”
These easy star Christmas cookies are great for young children. The cookie dough is quick and easy to put together, and the decorations for the stars while simple, are gorgeous.
Cookie Dough Ingredients :
- 100g softened butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Silver cake decorating balls
- Combine all the Kids Cookies Dough ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until the dough is ready.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin; or pat down the dough with the palms of your hands.
- Cut out star shapes with star shaped cookie cutters and decorate with silver cake decorating balls
- Lay out baking paper onto a flat oven tray and place the biscuits onto the tray.
- Bake at 150C for 15 minutes
- Let the biscuits cool; (this is the tricky bit).
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
What a sweet Christmas cookie recipe! Will you be making star cookies for Christmas or do you have a favorite Christmas cookie recipe of your own? Here are a few more cookie ideas that could be tweeked for Christmas: