This simple idea of creating olympic torches for kids is an Olympics inspired craft we can all enjoy. Kids of all ages will have fun putting these olympic torch goody bags together…and then eating them later.
This Olympic torch craft is great for Olympic parties as a goody bag or you could have the kids make it at the party and maybe there will be some left to take home!
Are you planning on watching the Olympics with the family?
Do you have a favorite Olympic sport you like to watch? I am always amazed at all the sports that make it into the Olympics, so fun.
Make Edible Olympic Torches
Here is a fun snack to get your kids in the Olympic spirit. We had our own backyard Olympics last weekend and our boys thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- Ice cream cone
- goodies that your kids will love
- red and orange tissue paper
Wrap candy in the tissue paper and twist into the ice cream cone.
You can arrange the torches by using a cone holder or cutting holes in a shoe box large enough for the cone ends to stand securely.
What We Learned Making This Olympic Torch Craft
Next time I think we are going to initially fill it with salty goodies and have the kids save their Olympics cone for later and fill it with ice cream, for a sweet treat.
MORE OLYMPIC FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Make an Olympic Head Wreath Craft for Kids
- Check out all these Olympics Crafts!
- These Olympics coloring pages are great featuring the olympic rings and the olympic torch coloring page.
- This olympics rings sorting activity for preschoolers helps them learn what are the olympic colors!
- Make a laurel leaf headband!
- Download & print our laurel wreath crown coloring page.
Did your kids have fun making edible Olympic torches? What did you fill them with?