I am not a kitchen gadget user. A good knife has always done fine for most jobs for me. But for some reason, gadgets find their way into my kitchen just like everyone else’s. lol! This is the week that I release the gadgets from their dusty tombs in my drawers to someone else’s hands that will love them (or at least use them).
With this in mind, my declutter frenzy moves on to the Kitchen.
1. Dishes, cups, and flatware
2. Baking dishes and pots (including stored ones)
3. Mixing bowls, utensils, and gadgets
4. Cookbooks and kitchen towels/napkins
5. Small appliances (and large ones if you have them to spare)
6. Pantry (all out-dated food goes)
7. Canning supplies and any other stored food prep items are cleaned or gotten rid of.
It is great to take stock of what we have before we begin cooking in earnest for holiday feasts in a couple of weeks. Every kitchen has a ton of things that are sentimental. For many people, food comes with emotion. And mostly good emotion. For this declutter challenge you may want to bring in a friend to help you be as brutal as you want to be.
See all of our Decluttering Challenges! Come Clean with us!
Thanks to the KitchenDesigner for the photo!