In early July, Walmart announced two social distancing summer initiatives–a virtual summer camp featuring celebrities, including Neil Patrick Harris, and contact-free, summer drive-in movies in the parking lots of select stores.
Now, Walmart has shared where the movies are going to be held and what movies will be shown! Everyone can start making their plans for some socially distant, but not in the house, movie nights. Even better, tickets are free for viewers.
Since so few drive-ins remain in the US (statistics say only a little over 300 across the country), most kids haven’t actually been to one.
What could be more fun than sharing a childhood favorite with your own kids? Putting on jammies, piling in the car with blankets, pillows, and snacks, and watching a movie sort, while spending quality family time.
What movies will be available? It depends on your location, but current options include:
- Wonder Woman
- Spy Kids
- Space Jam
- Spider-ManTM: Into The Spider-Verse
- The Wizard of Oz
- Black Panther
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Friday Night Lights
What else do guests need to know about the Walmart Parking Lot Drive-In?
- Gates will open at 6pm, with movies beginning at 7:30pm.
- Tickets are necessary, with one ticket per vehicle.
- Viewers will need an FM radio to listen to the movie. Your car’s radio will work.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Viewers must stay in their vehicles. If you need to leave, masks are required once outside the vehicle.
Make sure to visit Walmart’s Drive-In website to check for locations near you and to reserve your free tickets for the movies!