Summer reading is a must if you want to keep your kids reading skills sharp and Barnes & Noble knows this too. In fact, they want to help by giving kids free books this summer!
Barnes & Noble is Giving Kids Free Books This Summer
This Summer Barnes & Noble is allowing kids to earn free books to keep them entertained and interested with reading through their summer reading program.
Here is how it works:
- Visit the Barnes and Noble summer reading program to select the age range that your child fits into. You can choose between Ages 0-7, Ages 8-12, Teens and Young Adults, and Adults.
- Once you’ve chosen an age range, you’ll find a link to where you can download and print a reading journal. The journals are available in English and Spanish.
- Next, fill out the student information on the bottom of the first page of the journal. A parent must sign on this page in order for the child to get a free book.
- In the reading log, have your child record the title and author, along with their favorite part of eight books to get their free book.
- Take the completed and signed reading journal into your local Barnes and Noble bookstore between July 1, 2020, and August 31, 2020. Present it to an employee and they will let your child choose a book from the free book list!
Plus, if you bring in your child’s reading book list from their school or class, you can get a Free Tall Hot or Iced Coffee from the Cafe.
The Free Books Included this year are:
GRADES 1& 2
- Malala: My Story of Standing Up for Girls’ Rights
- Sunbeam’s Shine (Unicorn Princesses #1)
- Gumazing Gum Girl!: Chews Your Destiny (Gum Girl Series #1)
- Ivy and Bean (Ivy and Bean Series #1)
- Hello, Crabby! (Crabby Book Series #1)
- Lunch Walks Among Us (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist Series #1)
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue (Mercy Watson Series #1)
- Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
- Lily to the Rescue (Lily to the Rescue! Series #1)
- The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink Series #1)
- Jasmine Toguchi, Mochi Queen (Jasmine Toguchi Series #1)
- The Haunted House Next Door (Desmond Cole Ghost Patrol Series #1)
- The Candy Caper (Trouble at Table 5 Series #1)
- el curioso: De basura a tesoro (Bilingual)
- Too Cool for School (Pete the Cat Series)
- Fox the Tiger
GRADES 3 & 4
- My FANGtastically Evil Vampire Pet (My FANGtastically Evil Vampire Pet Series #1)
- Kristy’s Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club Series #1)
- Slappy Birthday to You (Goosebumps SlappyWorld Series #1)
- I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (I Survived Series #8)
- The Kid Who Only Hit Homers
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School (Wayside School Series #1)
- Ramona Quimby, Age 8
- A Bear Called Paddington
- The Lemonade War (The Lemonade War Series #1)
- How to Steal a Dog
- Cilla Lee-Jenkins: Future Author Extraordinaire
- The Secret Garden: Special Edition
- Judy Moody está de mal humor, de muy mal humor (Judy Moody)
GRADES 5 & 6
- Spy School (Spy School Series #1)
- Belly Up (FunJungle Series #1)
- Space Case (Moon Base Alpha Series #1)
- The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Tail of Emily Windsnap #1)
- A Wrinkle in Time (B&N Exclusive Edition)
- The Genius Experiment (Max Einstein Series #1)
- The Magic Misfits (The Magic Misfits Series #1)
- One Crazy Summer
- Merci Suárez Changes Gears
- Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus (Life of a Cactus Series #1)
- The Crossover
- President of the Whole Fifth Grade
- Demon Dentist
- Path to the Stars: My Journey from Girl Scout to Rocket Scientist
Keep in mind, The Barnes and Noble summer reading program is only available to school-aged children in grades 1-6.
Only one book is available for each child who completes a reading journal and choice must be made from the selected books available at the store.
This is a great way to keep your kids on track with their reading this summer. I am excited to have my boys participate!