Summer reading is a must if you want to keep your kids reading skills sharp and Barnes & Noble knows this too. In fact, they want to help by giving kids free books this summer!
Barnes & Noble is Giving Kids Free Books This Summer
This Summer Barnes & Noble is allowing kids to earn free books to keep them entertained and interested with reading through their summer reading program.
Here is how it works:
- Visit the Barnes and Noble summer reading program to select the age range that your child fits into. You can choose between Ages 0-7, Ages 8-12, Teens and Young Adults, and Adults.
- Once you’ve chosen an age range, you’ll find a link to where you can download and print a reading journal. The journals are available in English and Spanish.
- Next, fill out the student information on the bottom of the first page of the journal. A parent must sign on this page in order for the child to get a free book.
- In the reading log, have your child record the title and author, along with their favorite part of eight books to get their free book.
- Take the completed and signed reading journal into your local Barnes and Noble bookstore between August 1, 2019, and August 31, 2019. Present it to an employee and they will let your child choose a book from the free book list!
Plus, if you bring in your child’s reading book list from their school or class, you can get a Free Tall Hot or Iced Coffee from the Cafe.
The Free Books Included this year are:
GRADES 1& 2
- Malala: My Story of Standing Up for Girls’ Rights
- The Mount Rushmore Calamity (Flat Stanley’s Worldwide Adventure Series #1)
- Amelia Bedelia Means Business (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Book Series #1)
- Pete the Cat and the Cool Caterpillar
- Disney Junior Fancy Nancy: Chez Nancy
- The Princess in Black
- Jorge el curioso: De basura a tesoro (Bilingual)
- Purmaids #1: The Scaredy Cat
- Sunbeam’s Shine (Unicorn Princess #1)
GRADES 3 & 4
- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life
- CatStronauts: Mission Moon
- Mistakes Were Made (Timmy Failure Series #1)
- My FANGtastically Evil Vampire Pet
- The Super Life of Ben Braver
- Drew Pendous and the Camp Color War (Drew Pendous #1)
- Drew Pendous Travels to Ancient Egypt (Drew Pendous #2)
- Classic Starts: The Swiss Family Robinson
- Judy Moody (Judy Moody Series #1)
- Judy Moody esta de muy mal humor (Judy Moody)
GRADES 5 & 6
- The Last (Endling Series #1)
- Friendship List #1: 11 Before 12
- James and the Giant Peach
- Treasure Hunters (Treasure Hunters Series #1)
- Because of Winn-Dixie
- Ellie’s Story: A Dog’s Purpose Puppy Tale
- The Race to Space: Countdown to Liftoff (Epic Fails #2)
- Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Series #1)
- Disney after Dark (Kingdom Keepers Series #1)
- The Unicorn Quest
Keep in mind, The Barnes and Noble summer reading program is only available to school-aged children in grades 1-6.
Only one book is available for each child who completes a reading journal and choice must be made from the selected books available at the store.
This is a great way to keep your kids on track with their reading this summer. I am excited to have my boys participate!