One of our favorite things to do on a Saturday is attend White Rock Local Market, which is an outdoor market held at The Green Spot on Buckner Road near White Rock Lake (less than 2 miles from our house!) in Dallas. They are now holding it twice month – one weekend with both food and local artisans and their products, and the other weekend food-only. This weekend was the food-only market, and I was really excited about all the delicious natural and local foods were able to get for under $40.
- local peaches and swiss chard from nearby farmers
- corn relish from Lucido’s Pasta & Herbs
- cookies from the Kessler Cookie Company in Oak Cliff
- whole grain bread from Village Baking Company
- grass-fed beef (obviously for Christian, not me) from Homestead Land & Cattle
- pretzel bread from a local artisan
- tamales from The Tamale Company
So far my favorite is the pretzel bread, even though I neglected to get the card of the baker. It it soft, salty bread that tastes just like a pretzel. YUM!