It’s always fun to add a little color to your favorite summer recipes and this Summer Red, White & Blue Trail Mix does that beautifully. And with July 4th upon us, this is the perfect patriotic snack for the family.
And if you are making this recipe any time of the year, you can always change out the color of the M&M’s for the occasion. This is a wonderful year round recipe.
Here’s how easy it is to make…
Summer Red, White & Blue Chex Mix
- 1 Bag Chex Mix Honey Nut Snack
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Red, White & Blue M&Ms
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Chex Mix and cranberries
- In a microwavable dish, melt the white chocolate chips for 1 minute or in 10-second intervals until melted
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the Chex Mix mixture and stir
- On a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, pour out the Chex Mix mixture and sprinkle the M&Ms on top and let cook for about an hour
- Once hardened, break it up into chunks for serving
Thanks Betty Crocker for this fun idea