Lean Lo Mein is a great dish, packed with healthy protein, vitamins, and minerals. Make it in a Wok and enjoy now, or make a big batch and meal plan ahead! This is a healthy lunch I know you’ll be adding to your “Must-make” lists!
Ingredients for Lean Lo Mein
- 1 lb, Extra Lean Ground Beef (7% fat)
- 2 tsp, Oil – Sesame Oil (Toasted or Regular)
- Handful Fresh Snow Peas (1/4-1/3 cup)
- Crown of Broccoli Florets, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 cup, Green Onions
- 1/2 cup, Red Onions
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp of garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp, Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp, Ginger (freshly prepared or powder)
- 1, 7 oz. Udon Noodle package
Directions for Lean Lo Mein
- Over medium high heat, heat Sesame oil in a Wok or non-stick saucepan.
- Cook beef until brown, remove from wok and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to instructions and set aside. Most packages can be cooked easily in the microwave.
- Add red onion, carrots, green onions, broccoli, and snow peas. Cook until tender (3-4 minutes).
- Add ginger, soy sauce, beef, and Udon noodles. Cook for additional minute while mixing, then serve.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 437 kcal
Protein 33 g
Fat 14 g
Carb 15 g
Fiber 7 g
Sugar 5 g