Potty training can be tough! When your child has to go they have to GO, and that’s why we love having all our potty training essentials in one easy-to-access basket on the bathroom floor!
The way we see it, your toddlers will be spending quite a bit of time in the bathroom, and we want to make it as easy as possible for both you and them with this handy-dandy potty training basket!
What goes in a potty training basket?
Well, lots of things can go in a potty basket, but we asked our readers and here are some of their suggestions.
- Paper Towels: Sometimes the messes are too much for toilet paper, and you just don’t want to dirty up towels with that.
- Baby Wipes: Your kids are used to getting clean with these, make the transition easier by including them in your routine.
- Pull-Ups®: I don’t think I ever would have made it through potty training without them!
- Bubbles: Blowing bubbles gives your kid something to play with while they’re making the magic happen! With their mind on bubbles, they can get over their mental block!
- Matchbox Cars: These are kind of like the bubbles, because they’re small enough to play with on the toilet.
- Books: Even grown-ups read when they go! Of course books will make everything easier!
- Cheerios or Goldfish: If you have boys, this helps them “aim.”
- A Magic Wand: Because sometimes you need a little magic to get things moving.
- Stickers: Stickers are a great non-candy reward.
- Hand Sanitizer: This is more for you than the kiddos.
- A Game System: an old Ipad, Nintendo DS, or just something to keep the kids from getting up for a bit longer while they wait on their business to get done.
- Spare Clothes: So you don’t have to go hunting for them when an accident occurs.
- Music: We used to keep a radio in the bathroom so we could jam out while we waited.
Right now, you can enroll your kids in the Pull-Ups Big Kid Academy. When you enroll at the Big Kid Academy, you’ll get a personalized “My Pull-Ups®” page with potty training activities and advice customized to your point in the potty training journey.
The Big Kid Academy has a world-class library of potty training tips and advice from parenting experts, medical professionals and our brightest alumni: parents who have been there.
• How to talk to day care providers about potty training
• Solutions for nighttime
• Potty training on the go
• The best clothing for potty training
Many thanks to Pull-Ups for sponsoring today’s story and creating the Big Kid Academy for us Potty Trainers.