Simple homemade Christmas ornaments are the best! We have a collection of corks that the kids and I have been itching to craft and use to create.
We made two different ornaments using our corks!
2 Homemade Ornaments to Make
Make a Cork Ornament Tree
You will need:
- a glue gun
- six corks – cut them in half length-wise, so you have 12 cork circles
- a stretch of ribbon.
Arrange all but two pieces of the cork circles into a pyramid. Tie the ribbon around one of the cork ends and use that as the “tree topper” – glue that piece onto the top of your cork pyramid.
Use one of the remaining pieces and glue it on as a tree trunk.
Make a Cork Snowman Ornament
You will need the following:
- Dime or similarly sized coin/lid for tracing
- Quarter (or milk jug lid)
- Foam sheet – we picked the color red for our hat.
- 6 Inch length of ribbon
- 2 Corks – cut in half so you have “cork circles”
- 2 Googly eyes
- Sharpies for face accents
Cut two dime sized circles from the foam. Then cut a 1/2 inch wide strip of foam from the foam sheet.
Cut a quarter circle out of the foam. Wrap the foam strip around one of the dime-sized-circles. Use the remaining small circle as the “top” of the hat. Attach that to the larger quarter-sized circle of foam.
Tie the ribbon around one of the cork circles, leave some remnant “hanging” from the ribbon as a scarf for your snowman. Glue three of the cork circles together ontop of each other. Place the top hat on your snowman. Add face features and buttons with the markers.
More Cork Ornaments to Make
Here are a couple of other cork creations that you can make with your kids this Christmas:
- Make a mini tree ornament using tiny cork bits.
- Create a tabletop cork tree using full-size corks.
- These Cork Angels are adorable ornaments.
Powered by Sidelines