There’s just something magical about the holiday season at Disney World. Don’t miss the event of the season with these 10 tips for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
1. Your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Ticket will get you into the Magic Kingdom as early as 4 p.m. This special hard ticket Walt Disney World event runs from 7 p.m. to midnight but guests may enter the park early.
2. Do NOT miss Holiday Wishes – Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
fireworks at 10 p.m. This is one of the few times that the Magic Kingdom launches what are called “perimeter fireworks” and the result is a pyrotechnics show unlike anything you have ever seen!
3. Mickey’s One Upon a Christmastime Parade
has two showings nightly and the 11 p.m. parade is ALWAYS less crowded than the 8:30 p.m. parade.
4. Be sure and pick up your commemorative Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card
from the Fire Station next to City Hall on Main Street USA. These complementary souvenirs are only available to guests attending the party.
5. Get your Christmas photo with Sandy Claws. This is one of the only times that Jack Skellington from A Nightmare Before Christmas
appears in his Christmas garb inside a theme park. It’s rare, so take advantage while you can and be aware that the line to meet him can extend to over an hour.
6. MVMCP has always offered free hot cocoa and snickerdoodle cookies and this year they have upped the snack ante with snowmen butter cookies, blue snowcones, eggnog, apple cider, ginger molasses cookies as well as peppermint bark cookies.
7. Mickey greets guests in his Christmas attire inside the Town Square Theater and he talks! This is a fantastic opportunity to capture an epic Family Christmas Card photo…or video.
8. Take a break in Tomorrowland as you watch Stitch, Buzz Lightyear and Mike Wazowski perform in A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
9. Save up to $5 on each Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party ticket by purchasing in advance. The party runs select nights from November 7th – December 22nd and admission tickets in November are less expensive than the party tickets in December.
10. Extend your stay in the park past the party’s end by taking in the last showing of Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
at the Castle Forecourt Stage. The show begins at midnight.