This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of OFF! ®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Moms are always on-the-go and because of that, we often forget some necessities at what seems to be the worst times. Some days, I am lucky if I remember to brush my hair so I totally get how that goes. That is why I love the idea of having an On-The-Go Bug Out Bag. Basically it’s a bag of stuff a mom may need when she goes on with her day. Since it’s summer, we are teaming up with OFF!® to make an On-The-Go Bug Out Bag!
We are concerned with protecting our families from pesky bug bites this summer. We want to be prepared as possible and and create a first line of defense for us and our families! So that is basically where I came up with this idea to make an on-the-go bug out kit. Whether you are heading to the pool, a day out in the woods, or even running around town, you will want to have this kit in your car and with you at all times. You never know when you are going to need some insect repellent, a bandage, or even some hand sanitizer which brings me to what you’ll need for your kit…
What You Will Need for Your On-The-Go Bug Out Kit:
- OFF! ® FamilyCare Insect Repellent I (Smooth & Dry)
- OFF! ® FamilyCare Insect Repellent IV (Unscented)
- Hand Sanitizer (I like the one that can be clipped on the outside)
- Anti-itch Creme
- Aloe Vera Gel (I put some into a baggie to avoid carrying a big bottle around)
- Cotton Swabs
- A Medical Bag (a large makeup case will work too)
You can also add things like sunscreen, lip balm, small packets of pain medication, and even suckers to keep the kids happy.
How to Make an On-The-Go Bug Out Kit:
- Once all of your items are gathered just place them into your bag.
- Attach the hand sanitizer to the outside zipper of the bag you are using.
- Add some aloe vera gel into a small plastic baggie and place inside (you can also use a small bottle).
- Take this super-duper awesome bug out kit with you everywhere you go!
The cool thing about this kit is that although it’s called a “bug out kit” I think it’s also a “bug off kit”. See what I did there?
Protecting Your Family from Insect Bites
I mentioned above how now is the best time to get protected from mosquito bites and the best way to do so is to get educated. Did you know that many insects, including adult female mosquitoes, are attracted to people by the odor of the carbon dioxide (CO2) gas that they exhale? Crazy, right? You can combat that by using OFF!® personal repellents with the active ingredient DEET. Want to know how DEET works? It affect the scent receptors in biting insects, making it difficult for them to recognize humans as a source of food. Which means…. NO BITING!
The World Health Organization and the CDC have declared DEET effective in repelling mosquitoes, including the Aedes aegypti mosquito. So ask yourself, do you have enough DEET-based personal repellents to get you and your family protected throughout the summer? If not, head to the store and snag some OFF!® personal repellent products now!