No matter where you go on vacation, chips & salsa are always welcomed! And this Tomatillo Salsa proves you can even make your own even while on vacation!
This recipe was first shared on Family Food Live with Holly & Chris!
If you want to make this yummy dish yourself, here’s a look at the recipe.
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 Serano pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- Kosher salt
- Peel off outer leaves off the tomatillos and wash thoroughly. Once the leaves come off they might feel a little sticky which is completely normal. Give them a good wash! Cut them in quarters and set aside.
- Wash the bunch of cilantro, tear off the stems and set aside
- Wash the serrano pepper, cut into quarters and set aside
- Cut the lime in half and set aside
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and set aside
- Place half the tomatillos, cilantro, serrano and avocado into a food processor, squeeze half the lime and zip it all up. Empty into a bowl and put the remaining ingredients into the food processor, zip it up and then empty into the bowl with the other ingredients. Add salt to taste.
- Optional: If the salsa is too spicy for some, I sometimes put in a dollop of sour cream!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press