Get ready for the 4th of July with these 5 Red, White, and Blue Treats!
5 Red, White, and Blue Treats
This post contains affiliate links.
Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Blueberry Limeade Treat
This is the perfect summer drink for a bbq or for sitting by the pool.
- Start with adding juice of 1 lime and juice of 1/2 of lemon to your glass.
- Next, add a teaspoon of sugar, and then mix together.
- Then, add ice, a few blueberries, and strawberries.
- Fill up the rest of the glass with club soda.
This drink also works with 7up or Sprite, just make sure you omit the sugar.
There are many recipes that can be created from just one watermelon. We are even going to use the watermelon as a bowl. The mixture of sweet and spicy with this recipe is so good!
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Watermelon Slices
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Start by mixing cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Next, dip the tip of the watermelon slice in the spices.
- Then, squeeze the juice of a lime on top.
Watermelon, Mint & Goat Cheese Salad
I love anything with goat cheese, but combining goat cheese with watermelon is like a dream. Adding a little mint and lime makes it even tastier!
- 4 cups Watermelon, cubed
- 6 mint leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Juice of 1 Lime
- First, add watermelon cubes, mint leaves, and goat cheese into a bowl.
- Then, squeeze juice of 1 lime on top.
Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salad in Watermelon Bowl Treat
I love a simple fruit salad with some sugar and lemon juice! Put it into a watermelon bowl, and you have the perfect summer dessert.
- Watermelon, cut in half and cleaned out (the watermelon acts as a bowl)
- Strawberries, cut into slices
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- First, cut your watermelon in half, and then clean out one side.
- Next, cut the watermelon into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, add a variety of strawberry slices, blueberries, blackberries, and grapes.
- Then, add sugar and juice of 1/2 lemon, and mix.
- Transfer the fruit mixture into the watermelon bowl.
Red, White & Blue Parfait Treat
Here’s a fun dessert recipe your kids can help you put together. This is perfect for a summer holiday party!
- Cool Whip, whipped cream
- First, cut strawberries into bite-size pieces.
- Then, in a clear serving bowl or glass, add handful of strawberries to the bottom.
- Next, add a layer of whipped cream.
- Add a layer of blueberries.
- Repeat to create a red, white, and blue dessert!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of our favorite parts of cooking, is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items, which would also make wonderful holiday gifts for the foodies on your list!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
4th of July Activities and Recipes
- 4th of July Printable Preschool Worksheet Pack
- DIY 4th of July Shirt Tutorial
- Fourth of July Melted Pony Bead Decor
- 4th of July Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Books to Celebrate the 4th of July
- Fourth of July Dessert Trifle
- July 4th Activities, Printables, & Goodies
- Patriotic Marshmallows for the 4th of July
What is your family’s favorite snack for the 4th of July? Comment below!