Ever since my kids were born I have loved to bake. I started baking as a way to add that special personalized touch to their birthday parties but as my boys have gotten older, it has become a family activity where we can spend time and whip up something delicious. My 5-year-old and I recently took to the kitchen and make Galaxy Sugar Cookies that Are Out of This World. So much in fact, that we have partnered with Country Crock to share this fun recipe with you all today.
What You Will Need to Make Galaxy Sugar Cookies:
- 1 cup Country Crock ® Spreadable Sticks or Tub, cold from the refrigerator
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup star confetti candy (we picked out the white stars)
- Violet, Teal, and Black food colors
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Hand mixer
- Measuring cups
Recipe adapted from the Country Crock Make it Yours Cookie Recipe
How to Make Galaxy Sugar Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 °. Mix Country Crock ® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Next, stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.) Using a hand-mixer will make this step much easier!
- Separate the dough into 3 separate bowls. You only need about a half of cup for the teal and violet colors. You want the majority to be left for the black color.
- Add the teal food color into one bowl, the violet color into the other, and the black into the remaining dough. Mix well.
- Start by scooping out a ball of the black cookie dough. Then take a small piece of teal and violet cookie dough and place it on top of the black cookie dough. Tip: You can wear gloves during this step to avoid an additional mess.
- Twist the colors into each other. You can also gently roll the dough into a ball then flatten on the cookie sheet to create a swirled effect.
- Place the white star confetti candy onto the top of each cookie prior to baking. You can just gently press to get the confetti stars to stick to the cookie dough.
- Drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Serve them up and enjoy!
Get Baking as a Family!
Baking is a great way to get the entire family involved. It is also a great way to get creative. It is something that has become a favorite way for my family and I to connect and just have fun!
That is why I loved taking part in the Country Crock ® Make It Yours Challenge. It gave us the chance as a family to create a fun spin on the easy-to-make Country Crock cookie dough recipe all while having fun baking our little hearts out.
We came up with this idea because my son is truly into Star Wars. He loves it and when he mentioned the galaxy, a light bulb went off and I just couldn’t wait to turn our idea into reality. We created special memories and in the end, had some awesome cookies that were as delicious as they were cool.
With Mother’s Day approaching now is the perfect time to spend time together and come up with something delicious while making those wonderful memories. So I encourage you all to get baking with your little ones.
If you want inspiration, you can check out the MakeItYoursRecipe.com for the Make It Yours Cookie Recipe and more baking inspiration. You can also connect with Country Crock on Facebook, Instagram and CountryCrock.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Country Crock . The opinions and text are all mine.