I think I must be the only person who had never heard of dump cake! It wasn’t until recently when my mother-in-law introduced me to the idea of a dump cake. So I couldn’t wait to try. I decided to make this Kids Apple Dump Cake with apple filling rather than cherry or blueberry.
It literally has three steps and it’s delish!
Here’s what you need:
Kids Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans Apple Filling
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a 9 x 13 inch pan, dump out both cans of apple filling and spread out
- Add the yellow cake mix to the top of the apples and spread out so it covers all of the apples
- Add slices of butter to the top of the dump cake before you put it in the oven
- Bake for up to 1 and a half hours. You will want to make sure the top is slightly browned before you remove from the oven
So here’s what it looks like.
Dump out the apple filling into a 9×13 inch pan.
Spread out the apples to cover the pan.
Dump out the yellow cake mix over the top of the apple filling.
Spread out the cake mix to cover all of apples. Add slices of butter over the top of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for up to 1 hour and 30 minutes. It will be done when it browns a little on top.
This is what it looks like when it’s done.
Spoon out in bowls and add your favorite ice cream and you have a wonderful dessert! It’s vey similar to an apple crisp but with a cake flavor — give it a try, you will love it!