I think I must be the only person who had never heard of dump cake! It wasn’t until recently when my mother-in-law introduced me to the idea of a dump cake. So I couldn’t wait to try. I decided to make this Kids Apple Dump Cake with apple filling rather than cherry or blueberry.
It literally has three steps and it’s delish!
Here’s what you need:
Kids Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans Apple Filling
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a 9 x 13 inch pan, dump out both cans of apple filling and spread out
- Add the yellow cake mix to the top of the apples and spread out so it covers all of the apples
- Add slices of butter to the top of the dump cake before you put it in the oven
- Bake for up to 1 and a half hours. You will want to make sure the top is slightly browned before you remove from the oven
Dump out the apple filling into a 9×13 inch pan.
Spread out the cake mix to cover all of apples. Add slices of butter over the top of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for up to 1 hour and 30 minutes. It will be done when it browns a little on top.
Spoon out in bowls and add your favorite ice cream and you have a wonderful dessert! It’s vey similar to an apple crisp but with a cake flavor — give it a try, you will love it!