Central Florida’s Orlando is not only a beautiful and exciting city, but chock full of fun activities for parents and kids to enjoy together.
1. Magic Kingdom’s Wishes
– This nightly close-of-park show is actually an exciting bedtime story narrated by Jiminy Cricket. Spectacular fireworks can be seen from anywhere in the Magic Kingdom but try to be in front of the castle if you want to see Tinker Bell fly.
2. Meet the Big Cheese at Disney World
– Mickey Mouse is called the Big Cheese, Head Mouse and Main Character among other names. He’s quick though, appearing frequently throughout Magic Kingdom parks daily. Create a family tradition of introducing the kids to Mickey.
3. Visit I-Drive with the I-Ride Trolley
“ While the Trolley itself is tons of fun, I-drive is packed full of things to do with kids. Wonderworks is a local favorite; known as an amusement park for the mind, cool indoor fun for all ages, can’t be missed. The building is upside down!
4. Earn a driver’s license at LEGOLAND
– Unexpected, yet entirely possible, is earning a driver’s license through The Ford Driving School complete with Lego-themed cars and Lego city streets. Kids and adults alike love this adventure.
5. Pick Oranges
– Despite the heat, while driving through parts of Florida, you must roll down your windows and breathe in the delicious aroma of oranges. Check out U-Pick farms, all around Orlando’s outskirts, and pick a few of your own.
6. Visit Blue Springs State Park
– With water temperatures at a constant 72 refreshing degrees, enjoy tubing, canoeing or kayaking Blue Springs Run. Keep a sharp lookout, the park is a designated manatee refuge so you’ll likely spot one or more of the gentle giants.
7. Watch the Braves train
– Are you in Orlando while your heart is in Atlanta with the Braves? No worries, watch their spring training in action at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
8. Eat ALL the ice cream in the kitchen sink
– Order an ice cream, fruit and chocolate syrup extravaganza known as The Kitchen Sink from Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club’s Beaches & Cream Ice Cream Shop. Besides being huge and delicious, it literally comes in a kitchen sink. This is a must-share.
9. Pet live stingrays
– Visit Sea World for exciting rides while simultaneously learning about sea creatures. Get an up close and personal experience by petting the stingrays at Stingray Lagoon.
10. Pin trade at Disney
– Do you enjoy collecting and trading Disney pins? A little known fact is, you don’t have to be inside Disney Parks to enjoy trading pins. All Disney resorts and Downtown Disney has cast members and characters who will gladly trade with you. Find your traders and go hunting.
Whatever you choose to do in City Beautiful, also known as Orlando, be sure to take some photos for the memory books.
Michelle Rise is a Mother of 5 kiddos, Disney lover, and world traveler. Michelle's passion for princess castles and Mickey ears tends to win when it comes to vacationing with her family. With many family trips consisting of trekking through Disney parks, Michelle has become an expert. When she's not singing along to Let It Go (another Disney favorite!), Michelle is hiking through Rainbow Mountain with her husband, Ben, and family dog. Chat with her on Twitter, @Rise7Up.