For those with preschoolers in the home, we have some great activities for you today. We love being able to learn and play at the same time and these fun things meet that criteria. Inspired by Tips from A Typical Mom, we’re sharing a handful of learning activities for your little ones.
11 Learning Activities Perfect for Preschoolers
1. Learn about the different rooms in your home and what items go in each. Just cut items out of magazines and catalogs to place on a map of your house.
2. Teach your kids numbers with these free printables! The kids use clothes pins to attach to the side of the cards to help them count.
3. Have fun learning colors and developing fine motor skills with these fun felt chain links.
4. Painting with water outside is a fun, no mess creative play idea that we love at our house!
5. Play one of our favorite preschool games where you match the footprint to the toy who made it. All you need is playdough!
6. Develop fine motor skills and learn colors with this simple sorting activity using beads, a muffin tin and a pair of tweezers.
7. Begin learning about math with your preschooler with these fun domino games. This list has lots of different domino activities for little ones.
8. Get up and get moving with this color treasure hunt activity for toddlers and preschoolers. Great idea for a winter boredom buster!
9. As an alternate to salt dough, try this awesome clay recipe! We love this during Christmas time to make ornaments.
10. Easily make a couple DIY bath toys for your toddler or preschooler. Lots of fun for bath time play!
11. Introduce youngsters to using scissors in an easy and safe way. Toss aside the paper and use playdough!