What is an Au pair?
Do you know how the Au pair program can work for you?
More and more Dallas-Fort Worth area families are turning to international childcare for help. And while the phrase “au pair” sometimes leads people to think this form of childcare is only available to the wealthy, this is actually not the case. Hosting an au pair is, in fact, a very affordable and flexible childcare option for busy DFW families seeking more balance in their lives.
Au pairs are caring and committed, adventurous and educated young people from abroad. They are eager to experience American culture and improve their English while sharing their own unique backgrounds. In exchange for the privilege of living in your home, an au pair provides up to 45 hours per week of personalized and loving childcare.
As a special promotion for all Burb Mom readers, we would like to offer $500 off our program fee. Please follow this link for more information.
There are a lot of reasons area families choose to host an au pair. Here is a list of the top ten that we hear again and again from Dallas families:
- Affordable “ Regardless of whether you have one child or several, the cost remains the same: $340/45 hours of quality childcare per week. This is typically a much more affordable option than daycare or a nanny.
- Flexible “ Modern work schedules vary, as do our kids ™ activities, but with an au pair you set your childcare schedule to provide coverage when you need it. No more running from work early to get the kids to soccer practice and trying to figure out how to be two places at once!
- Life-Work Balance – Take a deep breath! With an au pair you have the time you need to get your job done, spend quality time with your children, and maybe even enjoy a little Mom time.
- Cultural Enrichment “ Introducing your child to another culture is an enriching experience. Time spent with an au pair can help position children for success as they grow up in an increasingly global environment.
- Customized care “ Looking for someone with a musical talent, sports-minded, or from a particular country or language? No problem: our au pairs come from 19 different countries and from a variety of backgrounds. It is likely we can find an au pair with the attributes you are seeking.
- Household Help – Having a extra set of hands to help with the kid's laundry, meal prep, tiding up toys and kid's rooms allows for more family time devoted to enjoying time together.
- Family Balance “ Live-in au pairs enable Moms and Dads to spend time together, and even enjoy a night out!
- Trained & screened childcare provider “ Our au pairs are carefully screened in their home countries before being accepted. Upon arrival, au pairs go through rigorous training on child safety, and through out the year local coordinators continue to educate and support the au pairs and their host families.
- Language exposure “ Learning a second language or even just exposure, has been proven to improve a child’s capacity to learn.
- Personalized Care “ Your kids are the focus and receive 100% of your au pair's attention. And you can feel good knowing your children are being cared by someone who understands your family’s values and choices.
Remember, Burb Mom readers will get $500 off of the program fee. Please visit: Cultural Care (by clicking here) to find out more.
Hurry as this offer will end soon.
If you have questions about the program, please contact Regan Flaherty, Development Director for Texas, 800-333-6056 ext 5535 or regan.flaherty at culturalcare.com.
Thanks so much to Cultural Au Pair for providing Burb Mom with this information (and a great deal).
For more information, check out how hosting an au pair in Dallas has impacted a Burb Mom.