Explore new stories, fun art projects and a variety of exhibitions during this fun story time that combines art and children’s literature. Each month a new theme is introduced that ties into an exhibition at the Irving Arts Center.
She Is Dallas Info: JumpSTART takes place at the Irving Arts Center located at 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Irving. All JumpSTART story times start at 10:00 am and take place in Suite 200. The cost is FREE! For more information, please call 972-252-2787 or visit the Irving Arts Center website. You can also follow Irving Arts Center Facebook. JumpSTART takes place on the first Thursday of each month.
Following JumpstART, create a take-home art project and then browse the galleries with your kids as part of this fun AND FREE morning activity. Ages 2 and up. All supplies provided.
2010-2011 JumpSTART Schedule:
- November 3, Giving Thanks, Celebrating Thanksgiving & Family
- December 1, Up, Up, and Away! Celebrating the Wright Brothers ™ First Flight (Dec. 17, 1903)
- January 5, What a Bright Idea! Celebrating Great Inventors and Benjamin Franklin's B-Day (Jan. 17, 1706)
- February 2, Chocolate Mania! Celebrating Chocolate Lover's Month
- March 1, Celebrating Texas! “ Suite 200(Celebrating Texas History Month)
- April 5, It's Rhyming Time! “ Suite 200(Celebrating National Poetry Month)
- May 10, Let's Move! “ Suite 200 (Celebrating National Physical Fitness and Sports Month)
JumpSTART is presented by Irving Arts Center & Irving Public Library.
My two children enjoy JumpSTART because the stories are really brought to life and they loved the little props (stuffed animals) that were used. My 2 year old daughter just loved the craft projects and coloring pages. She just couldn’t get enough of them!
After you finish withe JumpSTART story time and crafts, take your children outside to enjoy the wonders of the sculpture garden and pools.
My children’s favorite part of the sculpture garden is the water wall. Hands down!