This counting game
is perfect to get children counting
. Counting activities for kids can keep kids engaged in learning because it is fun.
Kids Activities Blog is excited to welcome Vicky from Mess for Less as a Quirky Momma for a day. She is sharing this fun children counting game.
Here is a simple counting game that you can customize to your child’s skill level.
The dollar store has a great selection of cupcake liners and aluminum cupcake tins. I buy lots of cupcake liners because I love to use them for meals to hold small items and to add to my kid’s lunch at school for a fun treat. They can also be used for children counting activities.
Supplies for Counting Game:
- Muffin tin
- Muffin Cups
- Buttons or some other small objects
Make a Counting Game
- Write some numbers on some muffin cups. I started with 4 and went through 9.
- For more of a challenge you can used a 12 count muffin cup and make bigger numbers.
- Place the numbered muffin cups in the muffin tin.
- Give your child an assortment of buttons or other small objects and have them put the appropriate number into each muffin tin.
- Some other objects you can use as counters: pasta, beads, mini marshmallows, be creative!
My youngest did not get the one-to-one correspondence, but she had fun putting the buttons in the various cups. She loves to do what her big sisters are doing and her mind she is doing it perfectly.
When the kids were finished we dumped out the buttons in each cup and counted them to check their work. They were very excited when they had the correct number of buttons.
This was an inexpensive kids activity that can be done using a variety of objects. I love how you can customize it according to season or your child’s interest.
Vicky writes Mess for Less which has all sorts of fun activities that she does with her kids. You can also find her on Twitter as @MessForLess.
More Counting Games & Activities
Kids Activities Blog doesn't think learning numbers should be work ¦counting games are fun! Here are a few of our favorite counting games and activities to get children counting.