We all lead incredibly busy lives! Between school schedules, after school activities and work, we never seem to have time for planning a dinner menu. I am always looking for an easy, kid-friendly dish that is also healthy — so I’m so excited to share this Goulash with you!
It’s perfect for any busy time of year and your kiddos will love it.
This recipe calls for all the ingredients you would include in a typical spaghetti dish but we added some healthy ingredients. This Ghoulash recipe has been around for generations.
One-pot family dinner that kids will love!
- 2 pounds Hamburger Meat
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Elbow Macaroni
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cans diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce (25 oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown hamburger meat until it’s about halfway done. Then add your diced onions until meat is completely browned and onions are soft.
- Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes and mix together
- Add 1 1/2 cans of tomato sauce, garlic powder and a dash of salt & pepper
- In a separate pot, follow the directions and cook the elbow macaroni. You want to slightly undercook this pasta because it will cook a little more once you add the meat and sauce mixture.
- Once the pasta is done, add it to the meat and sauce mixture and mix together
- Serve hot
Here’s what it will look like.
Brown the hamburger meat until it’s about halfway done. Add the onions and finish cooking the meat. You are done once the meat is completely browned and the onions are soft or clear.
Add the 2 cans of tomatoes. You don’t need to drain the cans because the sauce will be added flavor. Here is where you will also add the tomato sauce, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix together.
At the same time you will be cooking your pasta. Make sure it’s a little undercooked so it can finish cooking with the meat mixture.
When you add the pasta it will look like this! Doesn’t that look yummy!
Your kids will love this dish and they won’t even know how healthy it is:)