All kids get the urge to play with food, but I doubt mom and dad are usually on board. Â What if there were a few ways to play with food without scraping mashed potatoes off the ceiling? Â There are! Â Today, we are showing you just that. Â Have fun creating new ideas, even if they seem a little crazy at first!
Today’s best blog feature we showed you this morning, Little Moments, is sharing a few posts about playing with food.
5 Fun Ways to Play with Food
1. Â Produce Playdough – Use this delicious smelling homemade playdough recipe to create pretend fruits and veggies. Â Make a whole supermarket full of pretend produce!
2. Â Pumpkin Cookies – A fun way to play with food is to decorate cookies. Â After making oatmeal cookies, hand out candy corn, chocolate chips, raisins and icing to create a pumpkin face. Â These are perfect for fall.
3. Â Apples – Lots of fun ways to learn about the different types of apples. Â Touch and taste them all and help them journal their observations. Â Ask them about the colors, the feeling, and which is their favorite.
4. Â Sensory Boxes – Use dry rice and other foods in cleaned out baby food containers to make mini sensory boxes for your baby. Â It’s fun for them to shake and hear different sounds.
5. Â Play with Pasta – Several different ideas for learning letter recognition with alphabet pasta. Â You can give them different cues like, find five letters A’s or give them a letter to find in uppercase or lower case. Â So many possibilities here.
Thank you so much Little Moments for sharing these activities with us today.