I love activities that help inspire my kids! International Delight encouraged us to create a lemonade stand with coffee – it was a huge hit!! Thanks, International Delight for inspiring this post. The kids enjoyed lemonade while their parents enjoyed iced coffee mocha’s.
As part of our “summer school” we are helping our kids understand the value of money both through activities like counting and cleaning coins, or floating our pennies, and through chores. And through lemonade stands…
Benefits to having your children “sell” something.
- By selling a physical product kids are learning first hand that items have worth, that nothing in life is free and that you have to work for compensation.
- As your child receives money they will realize that people value their contribution – developing an enjoyment of work.
- Running a lemonade stand is a great way to have your kids communicate about money with others. One way to prove you’ve gained an understanding or mastery of a subject (e.g. counting coins, or even pouring a beverage) is to “perform” it for another person.
- A lemonade stand will help build your child’s confidence. I was thrilled to see how something as simple as a lemonade stand at a neighbor’s garage sale could help my daughter come out of her shell. She felt so “big” as she poured drinks and added whipped topping.
- I love to see my children develop personal qualities of being independent, able to think freely and work hard, really hard! And to take pride in a job well done on behalf of another child or family! Use the proceeds from your lemonade stand to benefit another child or family.
- Encourage creativity and think outside the box – we made Italian Cream Sodas using selzer water, International Delight Coffee Creamer & a squirt of chocolate sauce.
While we worked we had the chance to talk about one of our favorite charities, Bring Love In.
Bring Love In is an organization working in an impoverished region of Ethiopia – providing a safety net for at-risk moms – my heart is so thankful for them. We are the “second family” to two little boys, and while we are SO thankful that we have them as our children, we wish that we could have helped keep our son’s first families in-tact. My daughter loved knowing that her “work” was helping a little girl or boy stay with their mommies.
Thank you International Delight for the life lessons you have taught my daughter through our experience manning a lemonade-coffee-stand. Your Iced Mocha Coffee was Delish! Want to read more about their upcoming products?? You can find International Delight on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Instagram.
P.S. Do you like our nifty decorated printable?? If you are having your own lemonade stand this summer, check out the labels and tags that TomKat Studios created to go along with your Iced Coffee/Lemonade stand with International Delight – yumm!!
How are you keeping cool and helping your kids learn this summer??
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.