Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year for pictures! With all the visits to pumpkin patches, apple orchards, playing in the leaves, cute costumes, and more I know my camera is usually loaded with pictures. This Fall, we made Fall Twig Picture Frames perfect for displaying our favorite Fall pictures on our refrigerator. The best part is they can be changed regularly, stored for safe keeping until next Fall, and then used again and again. The perfect craft for little ones and older children alike, this is a Fall craft that is sure to be a favorite!
Supplies used for this cute frame:
- Tacky Glue
- Pinecones *optional
- Magnet pieces (any shape works)
- Favorite Fall Photo
1. First, begin by creating a template for your cardboard frame by tracing a photo on to a piece of cardboard.
2. Next, draw another line about 1/2 in. inside of your first line. This will make the frame opening just a little smaller than your photo, so it won’t fall out of the opening.
3. Have an adult or older child cut out the cardboard frames; this can be difficult depending on the thickness of the cardboard. Best for an adult to do this ahead of time.
4. Break sticks or twigs into the perfect size to glue around the cardboard frame. Use a good amount of tacky glue to hold the uneven pieces in place. Allow time to dry.
5. Glue magnetic pieces or strips on the back of the frame.
6. Your frames can be used in a variety of ways:
- Magnetic Frame or Gift: For a gift, tape the photo on the back with tape.
- Changeable Magnet Frames: Stick your magnetic frame onto the refrigerator. Gently slide a photo behind the frame so that it shows through the photo slot. To change, simply remove the frame from the refrigerator and the photo will fall right off.
More fall crafts for kids:
Celebrate Thanksgiving with a collection of family activities.
Fall crafts for kids can use found object – love these.
Explore Fall color with one of these fun kids crafts.Powered by Sidelines