Thai Coconut Soup is a delightful recipe with a lot of spicy flavor and with everything being made in the same pot, it’s easy to clean up!
If you like this recipe, you’ll find more with this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Thai Coconut Soup
- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 16 large Shrimp
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1½ cups shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons, fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions for Thai Coconut Soup
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large pot. Sauté shrimp over medium heat until they are fully cooked (should take about 3 to 4 minutes). Take shrimp out of pot and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the same large pot. Add in carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in curry paste, broth and fish sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add in shrimp, green onion, lime and cilantro. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
- Garnish each plate with additional cilantro, and serve with extra sriracha on the side.
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 230 kcal
Protein 9 g
Fat 12 g
Carb 17 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugar 5 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.