I love any recipe that has Mac & Cheese in the title and I know my kids do too! So to change things up from our regular Mac & Cheese dish, I made these yummy Mac & Cheese cups! It’s like eating a Mac & Cheese cupcake with Ritz crackers as a crust and Boursin cheese as the filling — yum! These are great by itself or paired with anything you make on the grill.
And these are good for the entire family….not just the kiddos. I think my husband may have eaten more of these than my kids:). Here’s what you need for this yumminess….
MAC & CHEESE CUPS
- Elbow Macaroni (12 oz)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Ritz Crackers, crushed
- Boursin garlic & herb cheese (5 oz)
- 2 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Cheddar mild, shredded
- 3/4 cups Milk, 2% or Whole
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper, pinch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray muffin tin (12 tins) with cooking spray
- In saucepan, melt 6 tbsp butter
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and all of the crushed Ritz crackers and mix
- Add mixture evenly among all 12 cups and pack down. A little should come up on the sides
- In boiling water, cook macaroni until its slightly undercooked, drain and put in mixing bowl
- Add Boursin cheese, eggs, remaining cheddar, milk, unsalted butter, and sour cream
- Mix all together. The heat from the macaroni will melt the cheese and butter
- Add to the Ritz crust in the muffin tin. The macaroni mixture will top the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove and let sit for at least 10 minutes to make sure the crust doesn’t crumble
- Run a knife around the edges to remove each one
This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found on Facebook.