Kids love pretend play. There are literally hundreds of imaginary situations in their heads that they try to put in real life play. One of them and the most popular one is playing “mommy”. They want to nurture the baby, play with him, take care of him, sing songs and change diapers. They also want to take him to the park and swing. It was a big need for a swing toy in our house. So we made it.
To make a swing toy you will need:
- cardboard box (choose a stronger kind)
- plastic bottle
- rope or a ribbon
- scissors (or craft knife)
- some paint
1. Cut out the bottom part of the box, leaving it see through.
2. Include your kids in decorating the swing by painting it anyway they want it.
3. Cut the 2/3 of a bottle off. This will be your swing. Cut out two whole for the feet and two small holes on the sides (for the ribbon to go through).
4. Measure the length of the rope/ribbon you need and put it through the ‘swing’.
4. Cut out 2 holes on top of the box and hang the swing.
5, Put the baby doll and start swinging.
This is a really simple craft that you can do with your kids. The best part is that they get to play with it later. It’s a double satisfaction and a great confidence boost for little ones. They just made a toy that they can play with! How cool is that!