For a fun rainy day activity with your kids, make a wrapping paper roll light saber!
After birthdays, my son waits for this craft since we have plenty of recyclable material to use. With a bit of luck, we have enough material to make more than one lightsaber so he can have them in a variety of colors.
What You Need to Make Wrapping Paper Roll Light Sabers:
- Wrapping paper rolls
- Tissue paper (green, red, blue, purple)
- Tin foil or black/grey construction paper
- Clear tape
- One or more little Star Wars fans
To Make a Wrapping Paper Roll Light Saber:
- Lay a sheet of tissue paper along the wrapping paper roll, aligning it with one end.
- Tape the edge of the paper to the roll, then roll it forward tightly. Secure the top edge with several pieces of tape.
- Cut a piece of tin foil or dark construction paper that will cover the non-tissue paper end and roll it around the wrapping paper roll, securing with tape.
- Use a strip of tape to seal the seam where the foil meets the tissue paper to pretend tearing.
- Unleash the children to battle the Dark Side!