Sometimes you end up away from your kids. A line at the store takes longer than it should, a car breaks down. Things happen, and it’s nice to know that your baby is getting fed while you’re gone. But, when your baby is refusing bottles, this adds even more stress!
We asked our Facebook community and here were our favorite answers:
- We had to change the flow of the nipple for my child. It was too slow for her.
- The silicone nipples can be very hard compared to beast feeding. We found using the playtex nurser bottles with the drop ins and a latex (the brown) nipples in fast flow worked wonders.
- For us it was time and the Momma bottle by Lanisoh. Just keep trying everyday and hang in there momma!!!
- Tommee tippee worked great for us!
Here are Some Bottles that Helped our Facebook Community:
- Latex nipples by Playtex have a more natural feel for breastfed babies: fast flow nipples used with the Playtex drop in bottles.
- This newborn starter kit by Tommee Tippee has the bottles that grow with baby and are “closer to nature.”
- Como Tomo bottles strives to mimic breastfeeding as closely as possible and reduces colic.
- The Pigeon nursing bottle was also recommended by Moms as the bottle that worked for them.
- Lansinoh is a company dedicated to breastfeeding moms and has a mOmma bottle for nursing babies.
Here are More Helpful Articles for When Baby is Refusing the Bottle:
- Here are some tips on how to pace the breastfed baby when bottle-feeding from Kellymom.
- At the bottom of this article about how to introduce bottles to breastfed babies, there are great tips for why babies may be “stubborn” about taking the bottle and what to do about it from Breastfeeding Basics.