So the meal is over, you’re stuffed and so is the fridge. But it’s not too early to start thinking of ways to use those leftovers…so try one of these yummy dishes that take the ordinary and turn it into something that might just rival your actual Turkey-Day meal!
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 (6 inch) pita breads, halved
In a bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, grapes, walnuts and mayonnaise. Place a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with turkey salad. Thanks to www.allrecipes.com for this wonderful “turkey leftovers” recipe!
- 10 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 10 slices smoked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for topping
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
Heat flour tortillas in a large skillet over medium heat until slightly browned. Divide turkey strips, avocado, sour cream, and cheese among the warmed tortillas. Fold in half and serve. Thanks to www.allrecipes.com for this wonderful leftovers recipe!
- 7 oz. (2 C.) elbow macaroni
- 1/3 C. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (in oil or water)
- 3-1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 10-oz. cans chicken gravy
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 15-oz. can early June peas
- 2 oz. diced pimento, drained
- 2 4-oz. cans mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 C. breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp crushed parsley flakes
Cook macaroni in salted water (1 tablespoon salt per 2 quarts of water); drain. In a 4-quart saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and garlic. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in chicken gravy. Stir in turkey, peas, pimento, mushrooms and cooked macaroni.
Turn into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350 ° F. for 30 minutes. Add bread crumbs to 1/4 cup melted butter and combine with whisk in small bowl; sprinkle over casserole. Crush parsley flakes in your fingers and sprinkle over top. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve hot. Thanks to www.razzledazzlerecipes.com for this delicious recipe!
- 1 10 oz tube pizza crust
- 2 ts Sesame seeds
- 1/4 c Mayonnaise
- 1 t Lemon zest
- 1 c Shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Basil
- 4 oz Deli turkey meat or 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 6 Slices bacon cooked
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c Shredded Swiss cheese
Unroll pizza crust on pizza or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 10 minutes at 425. Now you can freeze the crust well wrapped for up to 1 month. Tape freezer bags containing turkey, cheese and bacon to top of frozen crust. Thanks to www.razzledazzlerecipes.com for this delicious recipe!
To serve: Thaw at room temperature. Mix mayo and lemon zest. Spread over crust. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed and bake 425 for 7-9 minutes.
Do you have any favorite post-Thanksgiving Day recipes?