We finally completed the gluing process with our dyed pistachio shells! First the kids and I made some framed art. Theirs turned out to be more abstract than my floral design above.
To find out how we colored the pistachio shells and pasta, see Part 1 of this craft.
- colored pistachio shells and/or pasta
- Elmer’s Glue All
- white paper
- straight twigs, broken and cut to fit the edges of the paper
The napkin rings were a solo project that I did. Hot glue and little fingers don’t mix. The blue denim should match my mother’s kitchen colors. I will choose a different fabric to wrap the cardboard rings if I make a set for myself.
- colored pistachio shells
- hot glue and glue gun
- long fabric strip or ribbon (I used denim from old size 4T jeans)
- cardboard tube, cut into sections
- buttons (mine were salvaged from a stained shirt)
Thanks again Julia for guest posting! I love your craft ideas!