Making these cinnamon rolls is so ridiculously easy that even a 5 year old can do it.
I am going to prove how easy it is by enlisting the help of my 5 year old, Rhett.
Just a few words of warning: If you are enlisting the help of a 5 year old, you may want to have him wash not only his hands, but legs as well.
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls:
1. Make the cinnamon roll dough in the bread machine – I use this white bread recipe because it can just be thrown into in my bread machine and set for the white bread manual setting and forgotten for hours…
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 T of butter
- 2 T of sugar
- 1 t of salt
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 t active dry yeast
2. Roll dough out – Rhett is going to roll the dough until it is about 3/4 an inch thick, but it is very forgiving!
3. Paint dough with butter – I melted 2 T of butter in the microwave and Rhett is painting it on with a pastry brush.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on dough.
5. Roll up dough then cut into 2 inch pieces – you probably don’t want to give the 5 year old the knife, so you might want to take over in this step.
6. Place rolls in a pan and bake at 350 until golden brown – it usually takes 15-20 minutes.
7. Eat a cinnamon roll or two – you may need to help with this step too.
If you are more of a iced cinnamon roll kinda person, you can certainly add some….preferably cream cheese frosting.
For more easy food recipes, check out these easy favorites!
Super easy potato soup