Learning is a very important part of growing up. Many children go to school each day to learn while others stay at home and home school. Here is a great list to get you started learning at home.
Our Best Blog feature, The Usual Meyhem, has offered us a whole slew of creative ideas for learning at home. If you missed her interview this morning, be sure to go take a peak.
10 Creative Ideas for Learning at Home
1. Winter Hideaway – Begin learning about hibernation by getting out into nature and seeing animals in their natural habitat.
2. Fall Watercolor Leaf Art – A great activity with watercolor the all beautiful leaves we have in the fall.
3. Harry Potter Inspired Crafts – Here are some fun ways to incorporate the ever popular Hogwarts into your home school learning.
4. Hard as a Rock – Learn about different types of rocks by hiking, searching in creeks and getting out in the wilderness.
5. Around the World in 12 Dishes – A good way to learn about different countries and cultures is through their food. Learn more about Japan in 12 dishes.
6. Suncreen Experiment – A fun science experiment to do with your kids in the summer to test the true protection of sunscreen and SPF.
7. Brain Freeze – If you happen to suffer from brain freeze, use some of these experiments to try and relieve your pain!
8. Incorporate Science into Your Homeschooling – Here are 10 easy ways to get more science into your home school while having a lot of fun.
9. Reasons to Homeschool – If you’ve considered home school, here are some positive reasons behind it and why you should consider it.
10. Snowflake Art – Create a winter wonderland of hand painted snowflakes with dollar store canvases, tape and a bit of paint.
Thank you Eddie for sharing The Usual Mayhem and your creative ideas for learning at home.