Guilt Cheese is the perfect cheesy, gooey, “treat yo’ self” reward lunch. Oh, and it has bacon. Enough said. It’s an easy-to-make and a pull-apart-and-watch-the-cheese-stretch kid-favorite.
Ingredients for Guilt Cheese
- 4 slices of jalapeno cheddar bread (or any high quality white bread from bakery section of the grocery store)
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 slices of cheese (I got a variety pack and mixed and match. Get creative!)
- 2 tsp butter (I use unsalted)
- Mayonnaise for spreading
Directions for Guilt Cheese
- Cook bacon (sliced into pieces) on medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan and drain grease into container (to be thrown away in garbage once solid)
- Place pan back on stove on medium heat. Once pan is warm, place butter and a sprinkle of salt into pan.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of two slices of bread and place the spread side facing down in the pan. Place cheese on top of uncooked bread. Split bacon pieces between the two sandwiches and place on top of cheese. Add more cheese on top of the bacon. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Cook sandwich for three minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove sandwich from pan and spread mayo on uncooked slice of bread.
- Place uncooked side face down in pan. Cook until golden brown.
-I use a cast iron pan for this recipe. I find it has the best results.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings