Instead of buying dad a tie this year why not use some of the ties he already has and doesn’t wear to make a fun windsock.
The windsock is so easy to make. You need about fourteen ties, two embroidery hoops and some fishing line. We found the ties we used in my husbandâ€™s closet. If you donâ€™t have ties that your husband would be willing to give up, you could go to Goodwill and buy a few there.
How do you put it together:
- Hang each of the ties over the inner hoop of one of your embroidery hoops.
- Place the outside of the hoop over the outside of the ties
- Put the inner hoop of the second of your embroidery hoops in between the front and back of each of your ties.
- Pull up the outside hoop of your second embroidery hoop up the outside of your ties.
- You can tighten or loosen the hoops to adjust the ties or hold them in place.
- Attach three strands of fishing line to the top hoop.
- Tie the three strands together with a knot.
- Hang your windsock from a ceiling fan or plant hook.
Need some more Father’s Day ideas?Â See what the Quirky Mommas have been up to: