Oh how I love Mondays….
Well, truthfully, as a stay at home mom all the days kinda run together so who the heck cares if it is Monday or not?
I have a winner for The Fey book so graciously provided by my dear bloggy friend Claudia who guest posted last week.
psssst…everyone else now has to BUY the book. Don’t worry, it is worth it.
And now for a new feature without a button or a name. For today let’s call it…
Fashion tips from Rhett:
This season (according to Rhett’s actions) the following items are very hot:
- –Swim goggles are not just for swimming. Notice how their casual use adds a special vacation flair to any outfit.
- –SWAT helmets are the new baseball cap. Sometimes function is desired in the fashion world. Just think of the many ways a flip-down plastic eye shield could come in handy.
- –The Blue Power Ranger Suit is back. This season it is popular among 3 year olds (although it’s previous owner now 6 wouldn’t be caught DEAD in it).
Let's find out who is the Peep of the Week!
In response to the TOOTH FAIRY’S VISIT TO THE NIRVANA:
Only the Tooth Fairy would leave a letter like that to a future lawyer.
I am really excited because this is two weeks in a row that the Peep of the Week has been one of my dear in real life friends. Congratulations Happy Campers!
4:45 is NOT the new 6:30
Rhett’s sleeping schedule is all out of whack now that he occasionally takes a nap, often falls asleep at 5 pm and is generally cranky 24/7. So no big surprise that he has been showing up at my bedside in the wee hours of the morning. We are talking before 5 am.
When he shows up that early I usually request he climb into bed with me hoping he will sleep a bit more. The alternative is that he returns to the room he shares with his brothers and gets them up as well.
This morning was doubly cursed because the boys knew that blog-Stedman was getting off work at 7 am and that we would be celebrating Reid’s 6th birthday with pancakes for breakfast and he would be opening gifts from the family. So they were all up at 4:45.
When Rhett arrived at 4:46 by my bed I insisted that he climb in with me and not return upstairs where I could hear the birthday festivities had already begun. Rhett was already out of sorts and was in desperate need of the additional TWO HOURS of sleep before 7 am.
Rhett insisted that it WAS time to get up. I insisted that he was three and had no clue what time it was or what time was an acceptable rising time.
Rhett insisted that is WAS time to get up. I asked him smugly, “Who decides what time is the time to get up?” knowing full well it was me…mom.
Rhett replied without hesitation, “Ryan“.
Holly presents her…
Today's advice is for the people that run OLD NAVY. Yep, you know who you are. I recently was on a swimming suit search. UGH. I started at Old Navy because I was looking for some board short-type bottoms with a bikini-type top and I thought that it sounded like something they would feature in their wacky commercials. I scoured the store and found exactly what I wanted. They were adorable. Bright colored board shorts with super cute tops that were modest. YEAH! Oh, nevermind. I was in the GIRL’S section and Old Navy doesn’t make them in my size.
So, to you Old Navy I have this suggestion:
- –MAKE THE SUPER CUTE SWIM SHORTS WITH COORDINATING TOPS IN MY SIZE!
- –This is the deal. I don’t want to show my thighs or my tummy. If you can adequately cover one area I will give a little on the other so I am not covered up from head to toe at the pool. The board short is PERFECT for moms. Thigh coverage. Doesn’t look nun-ish. Making super cute board shorts for GIRLS is a waste of cellulite covering material.
I am very excited about the fruit bowl contents!
Take a look:
The people at Little Debbie were sweet to send me a whole box of muffins. 6 different kinds! The new ones are lemon and a yummy chocolate. I awarding a box of Little Debbie muffins to next week’s Peep of the Week. This could be yours…
…along with all the other fabulous Peep of the Week benefits (OK, I am currently working on fabulous benefits, but right now it doesn’t have any…except MUFFINS for next week’s winner).
I hope today you are well rested, sitting poolside in board shorts eating muffins…