Are you always trying to get your kids to eat oatmeal but they never bite? Sounds familiar in my house too! So why not brighten up your oatmeal with these Oatmeal Yogurt Cups!
These cups combine the health benefits of oatmeal, the sweetness of honey and the smoothness of yogurt! And they are pretty too!
Once your make the oatmeal cups, you can really put anything you want inside. I used greek yogurt and fruit. But you can also use these as a dessert and add frozen yogurt and your favorite toppings.
Here’s what you need for this recipe:
Oatmeal Yogurt Cups
- 1/4 cup Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 1/4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Greek Yogurt
- Prepare your muffin tin with cooking spray. This recipe makes 6 cups so you only need to spray 6 tins.
- Combine the mashed bananas, honey and almond extract. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine both bowls together.
- Add the combined mixture to your muffin tin, equally.
- Using a spoon, flatten the mixture to the bottom and sides of the tin. It’s important you press firmly so it sticks to the side and bottom of tin.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove tin from refrigerator and using a spoon press down again on the cups.
- Bake the cups for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and again press down the sides and bottom of the mixture with a spoon. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Add a scoop of yogurt and your favorite fruit to the top.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes!
In a mixing bowl, add the mashed bananas, honey and almond extract. Whisk together.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, cinnamon and salt.
Add both bowls together and mix.
Spray 6 muffin tins with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick. Equally fill each of your tins and flatten out the mixture into a cup shape. Using a spoon flatten the bottom and sides.
Put the muffin tin in the refrigerator for 2 hours. This will help set the cups.
When the 2 hours is almost up, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
When you take the muffin pan out of the refrigerator, press the bottom and sides again before you put it into the oven. It will cook for about 10 minutes in the oven.
When you take it out of the oven, press it again with a spoon and let cool for 20 minutes.
Once it’s ready, fill with your favorite yogurt. I used greek yogurt, strawberries and raspberries.
It’s best to use plain yogurt so the honey doesn’t compete with any other flavors.
These Oatmeal Yogurt Cups really pack a punch of goodness with all the health benefits parents are looking for. And your kids will love them!