- if you include multiple shades of the same color in your activity you can talk about darker and lighter.
- re-enforce color recognition
- talk about the things that your child is finding. This can be as complicated or a simple as is appropriate for your child.
- Once we brought our tray inside we sorted it into categories (stones, flowers, leaves and ‘other’ were the natural ones for us, but you could do living/non living etc).
- The same matching activity could be done indoors, but this provides less science learning opportunities.
- I plan to press the flowers and; a few extras to use sometime in the future.
Welcome to Kids Activities!
My name is Holly Homer & I am the Dallas mom of three boys…